Kaisen Don: Ingleside Terraces, San Francisco, CA, USA
I am a huge sushi fanatic, and it has been really difficult to find amazing sushi or chirashi bowls here in the Bay. For some reason, you would think that there would be an abundance of fresh and amazing sushi given that it’s right off the ocean with a huge “wharf”. This was such an amazing birthday treat from my dear dear friends Wendy and Nick. We ordered the omakase don and the truffle salmon don (with a third chirashi bowl that I can’t remember sadly).
– great quantity: there was so many thick cuts of fish
– fresh: the sashimi slices were really fresh
– very filling but not enough to take home: perfect amount
– rice is not too sticky but not undercooked, just perfectly seasoned.
– price is pretty good for the size
Seating is quite small, so I would recommend that you get there early. I believe you can also buy a half tray or full tray of uni if you really felt like splurging. The service was great. I was craving this each time I thought about sushi or chirashi bowls. It’s a bit of a drive if you’re in the city proper, but definitely worth it in my opinion. I would totally come back for sure. You can find them here:1939 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94127
b/t Ashton Ave & Fairfield Way