Jeepney Guys: San Francisco, CA, USA
I got to try this place out when they set up a food truck at an Asian Music/Arts Culture event. What sold me was the lechon roasting right next to the truck. It was freaking cold that day, but this made it so worth it. Things that we got included:
– huge amount, definitely shareable with at least 2 if not 3 to 4 people.
– not overly salty, good seasoning
– gets a little greasy (obviously, deep fried)
– if it’s an outdoor venue, they get really cold super fast.
Lechon Dish: served with white rice
– generous amount of meat
– not cold, served hot and freshly sliced off the roaster (or maybe I was lucky).
– served with side salad: creates a nice balance between meat, carbs, and vegetables
– rice got cold but that was mostly in the area.
I definitely loved the lechon. It reminds me of the chinese roast pork with crispy skin: that crispy skin is the money maker. You can find them here:
Phone number(925) 998-2389
Check them out!