Folk Art: Old Fourth Ward – Atlanta, GA, USA
We went here for a supposedly post-5k run but had gotten cancelled. Initially I wasn’t the most enthused being that I normally don’t like heavy meals in the morning unless I’ve had a good run beforehand. However, my friend mentioned something about a meatball burger that was to die for. Since I was in the area which is not common for me, I figured that it would be a good opportunity. Things ordered were:
- Meatball burger
- Mac & Cheese side
- super filling, generous portions of meat
- definitely for meat eaters
- shareable if you’re a light eater
- no vegetables. I really like to have a balanced meal. There’s something about vegetables or at least some sort of slaw on a burger that helps bring out the flavors of the meat.
Mac & Cheese
- crispy/burnt cheese: I love picking this off and just chewing on it.
- if it’s too burnt, it tends to leave the mac fairly dry
All in all, it wasn’t a bad meal. I should have had a mimosa but didn’t feel in the mood for it. Total summary would be:
- meatball burger: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
- mac & cheese: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
If you wanted to find them, they are located here, just a few stores down from Wisteria, supposedly equally good. I guess I’ll have to try it some other time!
465 North Highland Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30307
Until next time!