Frog Hollow Farm Market and Cafe: Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA USA
I came here with two friends because it was one of the few vegan/vegetarian options that one of my peers could really enjoy here at the Ferry Building. Living in SF has made me question the prices even though I know it’s the most expensive place to live in the USA. That being said, I still could not bring myself to order the avocado toast that majority of people were raving about. What I did try was the following:
Portobello Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Soup (tomato)
– good amount of portobello mushroom
– toast was thick and not too crunchy, yet it was not super soggy as well
– could have more or evenly distributed cheese (see pictures)
– tomato soup was way too tart. It was fine with the toast but by itself would not have been the most enjoyable meal.
Peach ice-cream sandwich: This was a seasonal product.
– good amount of ice-cream, not too sweet
– definitely good peach flavor
– cookie was a bit hard: this is more of a personal preference as I’m used to the standard soft chocolate cake-like cookie in your typical choco-vanilla ice-cream sandwich.
It’s still pretty good, and I would return to try the pastries since they seem to be known more for their baked goods rather than their deli/cafe lunch items. Not to say it was a bad decision but I would probably go for oysters rather than Frog Hollow if I were to come back to the Ferry Building for lunch in the future. All in all a summary:
- portobello grilled cheese: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- tomato soup: ***.65 (3.65 stars)
- peach ice-cream sandwich: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
You can find them in the Ferry Building just off the water in the Embarcadero district of San Francisco. Stop by here:1 Ferry Bldg
San Francisco, CA 94111