Continuing my streak of great Hawaii eats, I took my mom here for an early Mother’s Day dinner on Thursday night since it was the only night that we could sneak in a reservation. We couldn’t get a spot with Pig and the Lady, but the menu at first glanced looked really good! For one, I really like burmese tea salad and it was the first thing here that caught my eye. Since this place is known for their noodles, I definitely had to give it a go.
- fresh and light tasting (good way to start off the meal vs something heavy)
- mixed at the table (so you don’t make a mess)
- great balance of each individual component and dressing/flavors
- not enough haha. I could have eaten the whole thing itself, and it’s only supposed to be an appetizer!
- good portion, definitely shareable
- generous with the toppings
- pasta cooked well, not over cooked
- not enough uni on top or in the sauce. It was good, but I couldn’t quite taste the sea.
- bordering on the salty end.
- also good portions to share
- very filling
- super rich, made with sausage and a creamy gravy like sauce- pasta was very good consistency
WAY too salty. We had to take it back and add other things to it to be honest, but both me and my mom ended up drinking about 3-4 cups of water each just with this plate.
The service was spot on, and it was nice to be able to get a table outside. I am almost sad I didn’t get a chance to try their pho as it was highly recommended by many people. I will definitely come back for the tea salad though! You can find them just east of Honolulu here:
1200 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 665 Honolulu, HI 96814 | (808) 777-3588