Himalayas Indian Restaurant: Chamblee (Atlanta), GA, USA
My best friend and I used to come here at their original location off 141 (Peachtree Road). However, they had since relocated to downtown Chamblee. I was a bit worried that the change in location also meant a change in the food as I really loved the food at the original location off Hwy 141 (or Peachtree Road). However, I definitely like the newer location for the following reasons:
– better deco: about the same but perhaps slightly smaller establishment
– atmosphere is more quaint, versus their previous location in a large shopping mall
– easier to find because it’s one of a few in a row
– parking is a lot harder
– off the main road, definitely have to GPS unless you know the area
Food quality and flavors are still consistent. My BFF and I again split the following:
Butter Lamb (similar to Butter Chicken)
– fantastic flavors: still the same as before.
– lamb was very tender: not overcooked
– great amount of sauce, enough to coat the meat just perfectly.
Saag Paneer: spinach and goat cheese
– same great quality
– good flavors: not overpowering yet not bland but definitely lighter compared to the butter chicken
– great quantity, definitely worthy of sharing
– not burnt, not dry and fluffy
– certain bits were a bit flatter than others, but not necessarily a con. They may have just deflated faster than we got to eat them.
Service was on point as usual. The rice came as part of our orders, and it was wonderfully done – soft, fluffy, not hard or undercooked, came out piping hot. There were plenty left for us to take home. I’m so glad that the consistency stayed the same even though the location changed. I can’t wait to come back. You can find them here:5336 Peachtree Rd
Chamblee, GA 30341
Let me know your thoughts if you check out their new location?