Chantal Guillon (Bakery): San Francisco, CA, USA
I got to try one of the most tastiest apple turnover pastries I have ever had. Apple pastries are one of my favorites as they have a bit of tartness to them. In not having a sweet tooth, I normally don’t crave sweets, but from time to time, I do enjoy a dessert or two.
– puff pastry is perfect: buttery, flaky, falls apart in your mouth
– fantastic design: the little layers fall apart almost like shell
– not too sweet!
– good amount of apple filling inside
– not too buttery given that it’s puff pastry which already has a lot of butter in it
– egg wash was not burnt/overbaked
They also have a second location specific for macarons in Hayes Valley. Definitely check them out, I really love their pastries! You can find them here in their SOMA (South of Market) location:1309 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103
b/t Washburn St & 9th St