Tanpopo: Japantown, San Francisco, CA, USA
I can’t say that this is the best ramen that I’ve had, but my mom was visiting for the week and we were really hungry from walking all around Japantown. The things we ordered included the standard tonkatsu (Kyushu) ramen and the california roll.
– decent but not amazing quantity, it’s shareable as a snack
– flavor is okay but not something that stands out in richness or in flavor
– if you’re comparing average to average, then this is average, maybe slightly below
– meager amount of toppings (see pic)
– very standard
– a bit on the smaller end of rolls (6 pieces) and filling ingredients were not too great.
I would say that if you’re starving and are in definite need for a snack, then this may do the trick for you. However, there are so many other restaurants in the area that you could probably find something a little better in the East/West plaza across the street. Service was fine but we came slightly towards the slow-down and so there weren’t too many customers. I definitely don’t think I would come back to be honest, not for the cost of SF pricing given the quality and quantity of the food. In summary:
- Kyushu ramen: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
- California Roll: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
You can find them here off Buchanan street just across from the Japantown plaza:1740 Buchanan St
San Francisco, CA 94115
b/t Post St & Sutter St
Japantown, Lower Pacific Heights
Try them if you’re starving and nothing else is faster!
© 2018 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2018 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved