Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck: North Shore, Oahu, HI, USA
Obviously when in Hawaii, you gotta do shrimp trucks! We stopped by here on a drive up to the North Shore from Honolulu, and I made sure to specifically order the garlic shrimp and lemon butter. One of the things that is a bit tricky is the parking as it is located in a big lot. Lunch hours could be pretty packed and the lines get really long. However, I promise that it’s worth it.
Garlic Shrimp Scampi
– fat big juicy pieces of shrimp
– great sauce, super garlicky, not light on flavor
– served with rice and comes with the option (but you have to ask) for extra sauce!
– gotta get your hands dirty, not really a con for good seafood in my opinion!
Lemon Butter Shrimp
– same type of shrimp: big fat juicy pieces
– lighter tasting, a bit “cleaner” than the oily garlic scampi
– less “flavorful” as the garlic scampi — if you get this, I recommend eating this first!
The thing that got me is that this is all outdoor seating. With that comes a lot of flies because it’s seafood and it’s outdoors and there needs to be trash bins. The other thing that got me…is my fear of birds. Hawaii unfortunately has this thing with letting chickens run wild haha. I would still keep coming though! In summary:
- garlic shrimp scampi: **** (4 stars)
- lemon butter shrimp: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
you can find them here, keep your eyes peeled!66-472 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
Go get your shrimp on!