Nue: Seattle, WA, USA
I met my sister here for brunch after randomly discovering she was in Seattle the same time I was visiting the city. Fantastic find! My friends, myself, she and her party all decided to go family style and split several plates of food to get the most of the experience. The service was really great, very attentive staff who gave us all that we needed. We were a group of adventurous world travellers and eaters so this was an amazing experience for us given their menu. One of the things that helped was a reservation as we were seated promptly upon arrival. Thing we ate included:
Chicken and Waffles: coming from Atlanta, this was definitely something we wanted to try (as we do in most other places that do Chicken and Waffles)
– great quantity, definitely shareable
– well balance split between chicken and waffle
– chicken was hot and crispy, not overly oily
– nice twist with the Szechuan spices
Mofongo: central caribbean heavy but African-based. Served with two eggs
– good quantity regarding the plantain bacon mash but a little difficult to share 2 eggs with a group of 6
– very nice flavors but on the milder end
– could use a little bit more flavor in the sofrito sauce but perhaps this, in coming after the Szechuan spices was not the best sequential order
Sunny Bunny: As taken from their menu online, this is a fried chicken breast with Indian Masala, Lime, & Cilantro. The dish is topped with a Farm Fresh Egg and Served in a Pullman Bread Bowl.
– fantastic quantity, definitely shareable between parties, just have to cut the chicken up accordingly
– great flavors and not overly heavy on the spices, especially with the masala.
– because of the sauce, the bread tends to have some soggy parts if you don’t eat this right away. It’s not bad if you’re going to use the bread to sop up the gravy but I am not a fan of soggy bread in general.
UN Fried Rice: This is now the Filippino Tosilog…the only thing that may have changed is the meat section.
– good quantity, definitely shareable as well
– nice flavors in the fried rice
– not anything distinctive, a very safe but still enjoyable dish.
I’d definitely come back for dinner. If their brunch menu is this good, I can only imagine that their dinner options are also great. The decor is very interesting and unique, some would call it clutter, but I’ve definitely seen worse in my friends’ houses. In summary:
- Chicken and Waffles: ***.85 (3.85 stars)
- Mofongo: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- Sunny Bunny: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- UN Fried Rice: ***.65 (3.65 stars)
You can find them in the up and coming neighborhood of Capital Hill:1519 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
b/t Pike St & Madison St
Definitely check them out, it’s a super yummy spot for sure!