Cheeseboard Pizza Collective: North Berkeley, CA, USA
This was definitely worth the wait in line. One type of gourmet pizza, changed daily, served fresh, it is definitely for pizza lovers. I can’t really comment on the pizza as it may not be the same as when you try it, but we had the kale pizza:
– came out piping hot and fresh
– gluten-free options available
– short wait in line: line moves fast
– gourmet pizza: if you like different flavors and the concept of pizza, this is the place for you!
– limited seating: very small but definitely okay for good weather and eat-n-go type people
– you have to order a WHOLE pizza for the gluten-free option: this is a bit tough for my friends who have gluten-intolerance, but I have yet to find a pizza that doesn’t reheat well in a toaster oven.
– a bit difficult to get to from SF proper, especially for those of us without a car: public transportation is fine via BART but it just takes a while.
I’d definitely still come here though and make a day out of it in East Bay. There’s a bakery down the road and a cute board games cafe nearby as well. Definitely worth a gander for some ridiculously good pizza! You can find them here in Berkeley, CA:1512 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 94709
b/t Cedar St & Vine St
North Berkeley, Gourmet Ghetto
It’s worth the trek out, especially on a nice day (and there are some not nice days, even for California!)