Asian Box: Marina, San Francisco, CA, USA
I actually came here for a Yelp Elite event but was pleasantly surprised by the food and drinks served at this little location. Bentos have been around for quite awhile, but this little institution had the genius idea to make their establishment a little Asian Chipotle by doing classic signature bentos (very Vietnamese based) and also a make-your-own-bento.
Miss Jones Bento: (very similar to Vietnamese bun noodles)
– spot on: the staff really knows the menu
– drinks: really nice cocktails. The combination was really tasty (I ordered the Saigon Sling) and it came out quick. Again, because I was late, it could be because everyone else had already placed and received the order, but it was still really tasty.
– the viet-bento bowl is an amazing idea.
– quantity: pretty good actually. I’m getting more used to SF prices but still trying desperately not to compare it to my previous city (NYC).
– nothing really. It was pretty solid. They don’t advertise it as authentic Vietnamese and definitely tend to be more on the fusion side, but still good overall.
You can find them here on the north part of the city:2031 Chestnut St
San Francisco, CA 94123
b/t Fillmore St & Mallorca Way
Let me know what you think! I am actually a little happy that there is a lot of Vietnamese influence in this city after not having had it for almost a year in NYC. Always exciting to try a new place in a new home!