Westville East – East Village, New York, NY, USA
I really love this little spot of a restaurant right next to my church, and was introduced to this gem by a friend from church. Luckily for us, church normally ends late so we came after the brunch hour. The things that I ate that day were:
Eggs Benedict Croque Madame
– fantastic quantity, definitely very filling
– eggs were not undercooked nor overcooked
– well balanced with a side of greens and lemon vinaigrette dressing: not too heavy and decadent
– served on a baguette: I actually prefer this to the English muffin!
Beets with Goat Cheese (Appetizer)
– Great quantity, totally shareable
– Generous with the goat cheese, but perhaps take the time to crumble it a bit more (not that I personally cared)
– candied nuts were the deal sealer here. They were not only perfectly done, it was just the right accompaniment to the tart and sweetness of the beets and cheese.
Mint Lemonade (drink): this drink sold me
– refreshing and light
– slushie which just, I don’t know, it really makes the beverage stand out and it’s fun to drink.
– the mint was finely incorporated, no large chunks noted
– not too tart, really well balanced sugar-sourness in the lemonade
I’d definitely come back. One of the things that deter me though is the insane wait times. You’d have to come at the perfect time or be willing to wait for awhile. The inside is quaint but it can get somewhat loud over the brunch hour (as to be expected from a popular place as this). Definitely check it out and their other locations as well:173 Ave A
New York, NY 10009
East Village, Alphabet City
SF posts to come starting next week as well as the beginning of my travel adventures and how to go on them! Thanks for reading!
© 2017 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2017 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved.