Salvation Burger: Midtown, Manhattan, NY, NY, USA
I can’t say that this was the best burger I’ve had. Truthfully, I want to say that Atlanta has better burgers (so far). Then again, I don’t normally go for a burger when there are so many more delicious meat options in New York. However, I met up with some friends here to try their burgers specifically. Now mind you, I don’t eat burgers that much but when I do, it’s definitely got to be top notch. Atlanta has its fair share of delicious burger joints, some of which have been featured on Food Network (Holeman & Finch) as well as by some chefs on Top Chef (Richard Blais, Kraft). This is going to be tough to beat. However, we got to try quite a number of things:
Roasted Oysters Appetizer
– savory and not over seasoned, still stewing in their own juices
– not overcooked, oysters were still tender
– came out fresh and not sitting on a shelf (still bubbling if I recall correctly)
– nothing really but nothing that would stand out so that I’d write home about it.
Strawberry Shortcake milkshake
– this was the bomb, not overly thick but yet thick enough to be called a milkshake
– not icy: sometimes some milkshakes use frozen ice-cream which comes out very grainy, this place does it very well
– not too sweet
– not enough strawberries. Some people would like it purely shake, I like mine like I like my strawberry ice-cream, with small chunks of strawberry in there.
– large in height and quantity
– always a fan of shoestring onion fries on top
– a bit lacking in flavor, there is a sauce that goes on top but it wasn’t that great nor was it enough to give a balance between the meat and the bread.
– the bread was dry dry dry.
– cost was not worth the burger. not even close.
Arugula salad with buttermilk dressing
– good quantity, shareable for two
– goes well with meat and burgers
– could use more dressing or some tomatoes. No significant balance or any fusion of flavors that I would be expecting.
– had vegetable
– decent amount of tartar sauce on there
– fish was cooked well
– although maybe had too much of just one vegetable. As my friend said, it’s almost as if a whole lettuce was on there
All in all, I’m not sure if I would come back for a burger to this place. I’d definitely come back for the strawberry shortcake milkshake though. If you wanted to find Salvation burger, they are located here, in midtown. Reservations can be made on resy.com