Milbrae Pancake House: Milbrae, CA
This is the beginning of a massive weight gain known as the NorCal EatFest 2016. While I had the San Francisco Rock N’ Roll Half-marathon lined up for Sunday at the butt-crack of dawn, it did not do anything to combat the weight gain that commenced starting as early as Thursday night. However, I kept this one limited (thank goodness) to portions. I ordered the corned beef hash eggs benedict with a subbed-in side of banana instead of potato hash browns.
- good quantity: not too big where you are over-full
- very filling: the corned beef hash does include hashbrowns mixed into it
- plenty of carb options without the additional hash-browns
- so ridiculously salty – I’m not sure if they added salt to the corned beef hash or if it is just normally salty, but it was really salty to eat on its own. I ended up cutting about 1/5 of the corned beef hash even despite having the english muffin
- eggs were overcooked: the yolks were 95% cooked through. This was a huge disappointment. Poached eggs need to have a pseudo-runny yolk center.
To me this was nothing really to write home about. Their Swedish pancakes were quite tasty though. Unfortunately, I am more of a savory person and didn’t order this but wish I had instead. I’d probably give the corned beef hash Eggs Benedict about 3 stars, for quantity truthfully. If you’re in Milbrae, either taking the BART into San Francisco, you can check them out. They do have quite a bit of a wait though but it goes by fast.