H. Harper’s Station: Atlanta, GA, USA
We came here as a post-race run after completing the Hot Chocolate Atlanta 15K. That’s 9.3 miles folks. We definitely deserved more than hot chocolate and dipping chocolate. I am a fan of anything eggs Benedict, and that’s what I ordered along with a few other things:
- Harpers Eggs Benedict
- Breakfast Frittata
Eggs Benedict: served with bacon and hollandaise sauce
- good portion for an average brunch
- eggs were done perfectly
- not enough hollandaise: it was almost like a hollandaise CREAM and not a sauce and seemed more like a mayonnaise that was piped out.
- small eggs: did not cover the top of the english muffin
- bacon was small as well
- just SMALL.
Frittata: My sister ordered this and couldn’t finish it because she wasn’t feeling that well. For some reason, I couldn’t find it on their menu and so I believe it was a special for brunch.
- has all the constituents of a frittata which is fried egg basically
- mushrooms make it healthy
- soggy: the mushrooms have a lot of water so when cooked, they leak a lot of water
- did not go well with the cheese that was used.
- The frittata was more of a scrambled omelet and not a frittata. Frittatas are usually made in a pan and have about a half-inch thickness to them. The pictures speak for themselves.
If you wanted to stop by Harpers Station, I would recommend the Train Wreck which was what my friend got, or the french toast. Those looked super awesome and more in quantity than what we ordered. Our order was probably fine for us being that we had just done a 15k and shouldn’t really overload too much, but it wasn’t that impressive for hungry runners. All in all, a summary and where you can go to find Harper’s Station should you be in the area:
- Harpers Eggs Benedict: ***.25 (3.25 stars)
- Breakfast Frittata: *** (3 stars)
© 2016 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2016 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved