PiJiu Belly: Atlanta, GA, USA
I came here based on the recommendation of two YELP friends who said that this place was pretty decent. However, the main reason that I came was to try their ASian rotisserie chicken. After we agreed to meet for lunch here, we decided to split the following items:
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- thai tater tots
- brussel sprouts with lemon/citrus-flavored creme fraiche
Getting a whole chicken to split was much more profitable for two than to get a half chicken platter.
Rotisserie Chicken: word on the street is that this chicken, while rubbed in rotisserie spices does not come out like a normal rotisserie chicken. It’s actually better.
- fried chicken skin, without the batter: that’s how crispy the skin is. It’s rotisserie style alright though.
- good flavor with the combination of rubs but not overly salty
- meat is not overly dried out
- it’s a whole chicken y’all. It’s pretty darn big!
- none really. could use a bit of a sauce to go with it.
Thai Tator Tots: I’m not really sure what makes them Thai but they are pretty tasty. I do like sweet potato tots in general over regular tots which probably biases me a little bit.
- huge hefty amount: perfect to share for the table.
- not overly oily until you get to the bottom or you wait to long to eat them
- the chipotle aioli complements the savoriness of the tater tots.
Brussels Sprouts: I used to hate this vegetable but all these restaurants have really turned it around for me. This turned out to be quite tasty.
- nice amount to share
- not overly burnt where the leaves are all black: it’s hard to cook these where they have a great flavor but are not burnt
- that creme fraiche was pretty tasty and blended well with the bitterness of the brussels sprouts
- these were definitely a bit oilier than the tater tots. Having the cream sauce definitely helped to cut the grease a bit.
I’m not sure if I would come back again. The chicken was definitely worth it though but the rest weren’t amazing to the point of blowing me off my feet. However, it’s not something I will pass up if I’m ever in the area, and my friends wanted to meet up there. In summary:
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken:***.85 (3.85 stars)
- thai tater tots: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- brussel sprouts with lemon/citrus-flavored creme fraiche: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
You can find them here:
Let me know what you think about the Asian rotisserie if you happen to get it. Happy eating everyone!
© 2016 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2016 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved