Two Urban Licks: Atlanta, GA, USA
Woohoo! First post of the new year and I get to write about a super nice restaurant. I met up with a friend and got to meet three more additional lovely ladies for dinner before we headed over to Northpoint Church’s First Class Singles Christmas event. Unfortunately, I was so hungry that I ate a fairly big snack before stopping by Two Urban Licks (TUL), but when I saw the menu, I knew exactly what would hit the spot:
- buffala appetizer: fresh buffala mozzarella served on a bed of arugula greens with a very lightly-tossed vinaigrette dressing on toasted ciabatta and walnuts
- great portion of cheese! – I love cheese so much. My first experience with buffala mozarella was in Seattle, WA where the cream was literally oozing out of the mozarella skin. I don’t know if this cheese here at TUL was made in-house, but it was really large
- good consistency: sometimes it can be a little harder than normal and end up being more of a fresh mozarella ball instead of a buffala mozarella ball
- went well with the greens – I’ve only had this with fresh olive oil and foccacia but this was a great touch.
- parts of the toast got easily soggy, especially with the dressing and then the liquid cream on the inside. this can then make the toast rather chewy instead of crispy.
Truth be told, I loved this appetizer. It was light and yet filling, tasty and not overwhelming in flavor. It was definitely enough for someone who ate right before dinner. I’d totally go back again, and I’m ready to try other things on their menu! Truth be told, I’m giving this appetizer ****.2 (4.2 stars) because it was that good. I’ve yet to find a place to floor me with their buffala in Atlanta. You can find Two Urban Licks here: