Orange Coffee Bar: Duluth, GA, USA
I came here with a friend after church to catch up on life, and she actually recommended this place for their lattes. I haven’t found a place that actually did hazelnut lattes so it was intriguing to see this on their menu. I had actually tried their sweet potato latte before here at Orange Coffee Bar, and it wasn’t exemplary. Truth be told, it tasted like what it sounded like, a sweet potato (cake-flavored) latte. Their hazelnut latte stepped up their game.
- latte art (if you are into that kind of stuff): it was well done, better than some other places
- very rich: I want to say that they used whole milk instead of 2% milk, but I could be wrong
- nice balance of hazelnut to coffee flavor: I could definitely taste the hazelnut, but it didn’t overpower the coffee. Truth be told, I could probably have a little more hazelnut added into my drink.
- I like it a bit more creamy, or more milk to espresso ratio, but this is more of a personal preference.
- cups used stayed warm: this is probably due to the thickness of the porcelain.
I really liked this place. The only thing is that it’s a bit pricier than what I’d like to pay for, but this latte was worth it. Seating is limited and so is parking unless you’re willing to park far away and walk. Service is great though. Apparently you can be a permanent “patron” and pay a monthly fee to have your own mug on their wall of mugs. Each time you come in, the staff with use your specific mug. This has yet to be verified. The latte art though, that’s pretty sweet.
You can find Orange Coffee Bar here:
3473 Old Norcross Rd, Duluth, GA 30096
It’s definitely a quieter, more quaint coffeeshop. I’d definitely take this spot over the ones on Pleasant Hill Road because of that alone.
We’ve got about three or four more posts until the fall collection is complete! That’s great news because it’ll be the first time I’ve caught up before a season begins! Thanks for stopping by!