Holeman & Finch: Atlanta, GA, USA
This is the second burger that I had to try. For one, it was featured on Food Network. Originally located at their bar, there was a set number of burgers that were served each night. This made it a hot commodity. It was so hot that you had to get into the bar early, wait for a long time, and then order your burger. That was how good this burger supposedly was. I was lucky that they had opened a location at Ponce City Market. A few friends and I met up here and got to eat:
- H&F double-patty burger with fries
H&F Burger with Fries: I didn’t actually order a side of fries, but I did taste one or two just so I could write about it. This burger actually comes with a house ketchup and mustard as well.
- very moist burger patties: this is key for me. If your meat is dry, there is no amount of cheese that can save it
- less salt: also key. As my friend said, you can taste the flavor of the meat much better with this burger.
- grilled onions! Vegetables!
- very generous topping of cheese, but not quite as “melty” as that of Bocado so I was somewhat disappointed
- house ketchup is pretty legit: it isn’t as sweet as Heinz. In fact, it has a bit more of a vinegar taste to it, resembling more of a barbecue sauce than anything else. I’m not a fan of mustard so I did not try that at all.
- fries are not that bad either! They’re not shoestring but they have that good ratio of crispy outside and fluffy soft inside.
- no vegetables
- more grilled onions. I only had maybe about 1/7 of an onion in my burger and it wasn’t evenly distributed. Really? That’s only about 2 bites of onion per burger. Onion is cheap!
ARGH, it’s really hard for me to say which is a better burger. Truth be told, I had a bite of a burger at the Pinetree in Decatur and I think that is a better burger. However, in regards to the burger faceoff, I’d have to go with the fact that H&F does have the better meat patties in general. The cheese can be a little bit more liquified, but that ketchup really seals the deal. I’d give it probably about 3.85 stars, just a hair better than Bocado.
You can find H&F here at their original location here:
2277 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
Let me know which burger you like if you’ve tried them both!
© 2015 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2015 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved.