Bocado: Atlanta, GA, USA
There is a burger faceoff that exists in Atlanta, the never ending debate on who has the better burger: Bocado or Holeman & Finch. Even though I lived in Atlanta for six years before heading to Baltimore last year, I never ate at either location. Truth be told, I’m not that big of a meat eater, especially when it comes to burgers. However, I need to put this to rest and so when my two friends took me to Bocado, I ordered the burger. They added the garlic fries HA! We also ordered two additional appetizers as well. In total, the things we ate were:
- roasted brussels sprouts
- deviled eggs
- bocado burger with garlic fries
- good seasoning, well balanced flavor throughout each piece of vegetable. Brussel Sprouts has a certain bitter flavor that isn’t the most pleasant kind of bitter for a lot of people. This dish was able to not only mask it but bring it out and complement it with the right flavors.
- shareable: great quantity, definitely fed us three at the table.
- It’s totally carcinogenic but I’d rather have a little bit more char on my brussels sprouts
- shareable: definitely for two, kind of borderline for three. Worked well for us because we had the brussels sprouts but for light eaters, an entree dish is sufficient.
- Very creamy egg yolk – it was super soft and fluffy, no chunks.
- I like a bit more flavor to my egg yolk other than just “tart”. It was almost as if there was more mayo than salt/pepper, but I could be completely mistaken in what was used to season the yolk.
Bocado Burger With Garlic Fries
- vegetables: if you count the pickles that is.
- that cheese was amazing. It was so gloopy and melted all over the meat. Now that is how cheese should go on a burger.
- garlic fries are shoestring fries! I really like shoestring fries so this was a big plus for me. For those who like more potato fluff (or something more along the lines of a steak fry) this is not for you.
- meat was slightly…dry? Maybe the patty was a bit thin.
- no vegetables. I like vegetables, or at least a tomato or so in my burger.
It wasn’t really all that bad! I’m actually really excited to try Holeman & Finch now just to compare. All in all a summary of the food is as follows:
- roasted brussels sprouts: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- deviled eggs: ***.25 (3.25 stars)
- bocado burger with garlic fries: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
If you wanted to check out Bocado for yourself, they are located near Star Provisions and Jeni’s Ice-cream off Howell Mill Rd:
887 Howell Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30318
phone: 404 815 1399
Try it for yourself! They do have multiple locations it seems so you don’t have to limit yourself to Atlanta. Let me know what you think if you’ve eaten it before!