Lady M Boutique: Manhattan, New York, NY
This was also recommended to me by a friend, specifically because I am a fan of light french pastry. Not many people know what a mille crepe is but I do, and I love it! A cake that is essentially made by layering multiple layers of crepes and applying a light cream between the layers, this is definitely a cake that requires a sufficient amount of skill. My friend and I actually waited in line for this. I was there for one thing only: the matcha (green tea) mille crepe.
- good quantity, only one slice was ordered
- light in flavor: not overwhelming with matcha flavor
- light in texture: crepes were thin enough to still retain the fluffiness but the cream wasn’t so heavy as to overpower the crepe.
- expensive: one slice was $8
- does not transport well: to-go is your best best unless you want to wait an hour in a line but tread carefully because this cake is fragile!
I honestly love it. One slice is sufficient enough to satisfy my type of sweet tooth which is not really that sweet. It’s also not as decadent as chocolate even though they do have other selections of pastries and desserts that are more sweet and much more rich. All in all I give it **** (4 stars). Lady M does have a few locations in Manhattan so please check out their website to find the closest location to you!
This ends the latest New York series. I hope you enjoyed these new discoveries and thank you for your readership!