Crow: Seattle, WA, USA
After three days in Calgary and Banff, of which we made a lot of sandwiches and ate at home, making full use of our awesome airbnb, we drove back to Seattle and had some good ol’ American fare. Crow was recommended to me by a good fellow foodie friend and conveniently was only a short 5 minute walk from our small basement apartment. Things we tried were:
- house lasagna
- seared king salmon (as it was the start of the season)
- huge quantity: great to share if you’re a light eater
- great flavors: sauce was not overly tomato-ish, definitely could tell it was housemade
- could use a bit more meat inside. I tend to prefer ground meat instead of sausage but this was a nice change.
Seared King Salmon
- also shareable, good quantity
- awesome crispy salmon skin
- not a fan of soupy corn salsa. I was anticipating more vegetables than liquid puree. Had some good flavors though!
I can’t say that these dishes wow’d me like the ones in Canada did. But it was pretty tasty, and I am sure that for the area, it is one of the better restaurants. The portrayal of the dishes were definitely intriguing in their own way. All in all here’s a quick summary:
- house lasagna: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
- seared king salmon: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
If you want to check them out for yourselves, you can find them in the Queen Anne district of Seattle, just a short 10 minute walk from the Space Needle. Thanks again for keeping up with these updated posts!
823 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109