Annabel Lee Tavern: Canton, Baltimore, MD, USA
I took my parents to Annabel Lee’s Tavern along with two friends from Japan I met during my MPH program for dinner here after graduation. It was a quaint little spot that wouldn’t be too crowded, and I wanted my parents to try the infamous duck fat fries. In addition, my mum and I split the Imperial stuffed shrimp. This was a great dish that was not only filling but had lump crab! It was well worth the price on it. The duck fat fries were as usual, fantastic, and definitely for the table. I highly recommend sharing unless this is the only thing you plan on eating. Truth be told, there were so many fries left we had enough to take it back for my sister who did not want to come with us that night.
Duck Fat Fries
- amazingly huge quantity
- fantastic flavor: literally tastes like a peking roast duck had melted on my fries.
- consistent quality: given this is my second time at this restaurant, the flavor and quantity of these fries have not gone down. Double points.
- none. yup.
Imperial Stuffed Shrimp
- great quantity as well: definitely made for a heavy eater, great to share with fries for small eater
- good flavor: well balanced and not overly seasoned
- risotto was a bit plain but because the duck fat fries were so savory, it worked well for us.
- it’d be nice to have a little more vegetables with this dish to balance out the heaviness of the dish overall.
I definitely recommend coming here if you are visiting Baltimore, just for the fries alone. Another Japanese friend of mine came on our first visit and ordered the meatloaf. I believe it was the first time he has had meatloaf and loved it. It looked delicious as well! If you want to check them out, you can find them in the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore, MD.
601 S Clinton St, Baltimore, MD 21224
I hope you have been enjoying these last few posts. My Baltimore Adventures may be coming to an end really soon so please make full use of these on your next trip to Charm City!