Clinton St. Baking Company: New York, NY, USA
This amazing food trip ended with a fabulous brunch date at one of the highest most rated brunch places in New York city. I was supposed to meet DRp at 10, but luck would have it, I managed to read a few reviews that said the wait was at least an hour long and that’s if you get there when they opened, at nine. Despite the fact that It was only a 4 block walk from the first stop on the M, I forgot that trains from Brooklyn only run every 20 minutes on the weekends. And it was a Saturday. FAB.
However I managed to get there at 9:20am, and got on their list. Clinton Street Baking Company does this wonderful thing where they take your number and they will text you when your turn to be seated arrives. I got to spend the next hour sitting at the quaint cafe across the street where I met a wonderful girl, the co-founder of LA Food Table, Hyejin where we discussed her awesome venture. DRp came right around when we got texted and we got to share one of the best brunch that I’ve personally had in NYC. What we split was:
- Specials of the Day: Corned Beef Eggs Benedict with Chipotle
- Blueberry Pancakes
- “Maple” bacon (to be shared haha)
Corned Beef Eggs Benedict
- great quantity: two eggs, lots of hash and corned beef
- nice complement of flavor, especially with the chipotle
- I love anything eggs benedict so this was especially tasty for me and DRp was nice enough to share
- personally I’d like a bit more of the chipotle sauce
- corned beef has is always nice, but I can’t help but be tradition and prefer either country honey ham or Canadian bacon.
So Hyejin actually recommended these pancakes as this place was famous for this. I was so torn, so torn, between the Eggs Benedict or the pancakes. As a savory person, these are definitely not up my alley, but I wanted to try as many different things on the menu so I ordered these to share with DRp along with the side of their equally famous “maple bacon”.
- i think i had a foodgasm in my mouth, DRp actually commented on the look on my face, that first bite was that good.
- super fluffy, super filling
- for some reason i wanted more blueberries
- this may NOT be an actual con, but DRp and I could NOT finish the pancakes. I think we only managed to eat about 75% of it. First time I’ve actually felt like there was too much food.
- it’s bacon
- super crispy
- half pack: so much bacon! We couldn’t even finish it.
- this ain’t no maple bacon. There is bacon, and then there is “maple” bacon where you can actually taste the infusion of maple syrup permeating the saltiness of the meat. I didn’t even taste the “brown sugar” that it supposedly coats the bacon in. So sad.
I do have to say though, all in all, this was a really great place for brunch. By far, the best I’ve had in NYC. I’d definitely come back again though to try other things on the menu. All in all a summary:
- corned beef eggs benedict: **** (4 stars)
- blueberry pancakes: **** (4 stars)
- “maple” bacon: *** (3.5 stars)
If you wanted to check out Clinton Street Baking Company for yourself, you can find them here:
Store Phone: 646-602-6263
4 Clinton Street (btw. East Houston & Stanton)
New York, NY 10002
We’re going to try and finish up all 2014 entries by tomorrow! How is it possible, I don’t know but we will! Until next time, thanks for following!