Kumari: Baltimore, MD, USA
One of my closest girl friends here in the program took me to this place for dinner last term (yes it’s been that long) because I was feeling tired and just totally worn out. Nothing has changed much since then except for a fabulous weekend in New York over Thanksgiving and this restaurant that I can finally now blog about.
Probably the best way to eat at Kumari is to order family style and share all the dishes. Truth be told, I can’t finish an entire “entree” worth of chicken masala AND saag paneer. We did get an order of garlic naan to share, and it came with all the lovely chutneys at the beginning of the meal. I can’t say that I’m a fan of fennel chips as it’s not my favorite herb.
Things that we got:
- garlic naan
- saag paneer: goat cheese in spinach sauce
- chicken tikka masala
- butter chicken
- decent quantity
- good flavor, not burnt
- could be thicker or more even thickness in the thin spots: it was thin enough in certain areas where it got cold pretty fast (still tasty though)
- good quantity. This restaurant is not skimpy!
- very flavorful
- good amount of chicken
- too much tomato-based. It almost had bits and pieces that tasted like tomato paste from a can. Not sure if I was a fan of this because my favorite restaurant in Atlanta didn’t make it taste like this.
- nice consistency
- good quantity of spinach to cheese ratio
- not really any
Chicken Tikka Masala:
- great flavor, tasted more like the butter chicken from home though.
- good quantity of chicken
- good amount of sauce
- nothing to write home about
Service was impeccable if not thru the roof. For one, I didn’t order a second lamb tikka masala, but they said that they would not only bring out my butter chicken as ordered, but they would give me the lamb tikka masala on the house. EEP! Three meals for two! Woot! Now that is service.
All in all a summary:
- garlic naan: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
- saag paneer (goat cheese in spinach puree): ***.75 (3.75 stars)
- butter chicken: ***(3 stars)
- chicken tikka masala: ***.75 (3.75 stars)
If you wanted to check out Kumari for yourself, they are located in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore, MD.
911 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201
Until next time, happy eating!
© 2014 http://www.rammiegirl.com ©2014 rammiegirl.wordpress.com All Rights Reserved.