Annabelle Lee’s Tavern: Baltimore, MD, USA
Duck. fat. fries. Those three words mean more to my tastebuds than anything potato I’ve ever eaten. I actually found Annabelle Lee’s Tavern from YELP after a friend and I wanted to have a good dinner out on the town at a new place we haven’t tried after a whole day of studying. It was a toss up, but I chose Annabelle Lee’s Tavern because of the ratings on these fries specifically. My friend and I decided to try a bunch of appetizers, and we got an order of duck-fat fries for the table for the group. The tastings for this trip included:
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Loaded mac n’ cheese
- Jerk chicken wings
- Duck fat fries
Duck Fat Fries
- super tasty: tastes like roasted peking duck just melted on crispy fries
- not soggy (amazingly)
- right size: not steak fries (ie too much potato), not shoestring (too oily, not enough potato)
- given how addicting they are, one order for 5 people is too little!
- good flavor
- too hot: even with the sour cream, these were really spicy!
- small amount: there was only five!
Jerk Chicken Wings
- great amount: there was definitely wings left over between the two of us
- well seasoned
- not over-cooked
- too spicy!
Loaded Mac N’ Cheese
- moderate amount: for one person! We had other appetizers though so it was definitely shareable
- lots of melted cheese on top!
- not that much flavor: not enough cheese sauce or not enough salt in the cheese sauce
- how is it loaded if it’s plain mac n’ cheese
Well, I have to say that the rest of the appetizers were just okay. But the duck fat fries were simply amazing. Anyways, here’s a brief summary:
- Duck fat fries:****(4 stars)
- jalapeño poppers: **.75 (2.75 stars)
- jerk chicken wings: ***(3 stars)
- loaded mac and cheese: **.5 (2.5 stars)
If you wanted to check out Annabelle Lee’s Tavern, you can find it here:
601 S Clinton St, Baltimore, MD 21224
Until next time!