Hank’s Oyster Bar: Washington D.C., USA
I had planned a rendezvous with one of my girls back from Notre Dame down in DC. We had decided to do lunch and shot for a new restaurant that both of us haven’t tried: Hank’s Oyster Bar. Truth be told, I had been hankering for a lobster roll ever since I had the one back in Atlanta, GA at Nicky’s Seafood. This was a perfect choice as Miss P had been craving fried oysters.
The tasting menu:
- fried oysters appetizer
- lobster roll
- good portion: There was quite a lot of fried oysters for an appetizer
- large size oysters: aint’ no teeny sizers here!
- can’t say that there are any (shock*)
- good quantity of lobster on the roll
- went well with the fresh raspberry jelly (supposed to be served with bread)
- bread was not as good as the TN whiskey bread back in ATL
- cold! – lobster roll is supposed to be hot!
- not that much flavor: i want to say that i couldn’t taste the lobster too well.
- fried oysters:****.5 (4.5 stars)
- lobster roll: ***(3 stars)
If you wanted to check out Hank’s Oyster Bar, you can find them just a short 8-min walk from Dupont Circle in Washington D.C.:1624 Q St NW
I hope you enjoy this post! We will be looking for better lobster rolls now that we are in the mid-Atlantic and seafood is a plenty! Thank you for stopping by!