Prime Rib: Baltimore, MD, USA
This was literally the day after we ate at City Cafe. I wanted to mix it up with my classmates to get some new friendships going, so we went as a group of five to Prime Rib. I have to say, this was the best out of the three restaurants that I went to this Restaurant Week. For one, given the quantity and the quality of the entree alone, the extra $5 that was selected for the prime rib entree selection knocked every dish out of the park.
I can only remember a few of the selections from each category, but let me do my best:
- appetizers: house salad, tomato soup
- entrees: imperial crab, prime rib (extra $5)
- desserts: creme brulee, chocolate mousse, key lime pie
There was no real splitting, only at most a tasting of the other desserts. So let’s just get right down to it.
- very nice large quantity of salad
- evenly dressed
- not enough salt, or taste rather
- super large slice of prime rib, enough for me to take home half of the portions
- served with two sides that were shareable (in small plates): creamed spinach and mashed potatoes
- both were not super salty and perfection. Emo actually cleaned out about 2/3rds of the mashed potatoes himself.
- was cooked all over the place: my friend asked for medium raw and got straight up raw, my other friend asked for medium and got medium-well. I asked for medium and got borderline medium raw, that portion I took home and re-seared in a pan for lunch.
- overall moderately light and creamy
- could use a bit more of that caramelizing on the top and be a bit more burnt
- taste was fine, but definitely not the richest creamy creme brulee I’ve had
- I would appreciate some raspberries on top. So far the place to beat is in Paris, FR.
Key Lime Pie:
- PROS: if you like lime you’re in for a treat
- CONS: way too tart to come after such a delicious prime rib.
- house salad:*** (3 stars)
- prime rib:****(4 stars)
- creme brulee: ***.5 (3.5 stars)
- key lime pie: **.75 (2.75 stars)
If you would like to check out Prime Rib for yourself, I highly recommend you making a reservation and dress business casual. It’s a moderately swanky type of place. You can find them here:1101 N. Calvert Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Until the next time, may your bellies always be full!